We’re looking for a skilled PHP developer to lead, inspire and grow our back-end development team. In this role, you’ll have the overview of our PHP architecture and Symphony framework, work with an inspirational team and implement own ideas to strategically drive our back-end system to the next level. Are you passionate about working in an agile environment and a strong believer of scrum and test-driven-development? Are you as good with people as you are with PHP? Then we want to hear from you!
- Coach and mentor a team of 15 PHP developers.
- Support recruiting of further team members by conducting interviews and working together with HR on creative recruiting efforts.
- Initiate, promote and allocate the resources for technological innovations.
- Be up-to-date and passionate about new technologies. Evaluate their potential for trivago to continuously drive change.
- Ensure and improve performance, reliability, flexibility and maintainability of trivgo’s PHP applications.
- Support test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to Product Owners, Frontend Developers, Technical Account Managers and Business Intelligence Analysts.
- Foster continuous knowledge transfer between front & backend developers.
- You’ve completed a degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You’re a skilled developer with +3 years’ experience in programming with PHP and MySQL databases.
- You’ve gained experience leading a team or project from beginning to end.
- You’re hungry to learn and are up-to-date on the latest web-technologies.
- Your passion for Agile Development (Scrum, Kanban) is infectious.
- You’re comfortable communicating in English and have enough German knowledge to understand the jokes of your colleagues.
- Experience with web services (REST, SOAP) would be a plus.
What we offer:
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team.
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- A free choice of pc or mac and equipment.
- External trainings by key influencers of the IT scene.
- Regular code workshops, conference visits hackathons and time for innovation.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Relocation and on boarding support.
- Possibility to work from our office in Palma de Mallorca up to 4 weeks a year.
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
Starting date: flexible
Please also send:
– Your salary expectation
– Your earliest possible starting date
Your HR Consultant Kadri
is available for additional questions
Mo–Fri 9.00 – 17.00 CET
(Check for your local time)
Tel: +49 211 995 459 35
Join the FREE podcast!
Listen live to German employers. Learn about their biggest challenge. Offer a solution as an international talent.
Get an English job in Germany.