Our Data Centre Operations team is seeking a technology guru to help us maintain our multi-datacentre network infrastructure. Are you ready to tackle some of the leading software and system issues to ensure a smooth user-experience for our 45 million visitors using our customer’s website every months? In this critical position you will tap into your in-depth knowledge of both networking best practices and security flaws to protect trivago against attack and vulnerabilities. You’ll be working with top notch network equipment, systems and tools to keep our labs humming smoothly at all times. We’re a company that will let you work when, how and with whatever PC or Mac you choose. If you’ve got what it takes to tackle complex software and system issues and you have the drive to take our customer to the next level then we look forward to hearing from you!
- You monitor and maintain our multi datacentre network infrastructure to optimise routing policies for increased speed and availability
- You monitor the workload of critical systems and predict necessary changes to cope with future workload. We’re growing, and growing fast, so we want you to make sure our systems and infrastructure stay the cutting-edge of computer technology.
- Thinking like a hacker, you challenge the status quo of our security rules while maintaining accessibility – we appreciate the balance of safety and fun for our users
- Use your know-how and logical thinking to troubleshoot reasons for critical malfunctions in our complex technical environment
- Reduce manual work by setting up automated processes for monitoring, error detection and system setup
- Bachelor or apprenticeship in Computer Science or equivalent experience. At least 5 years networking experience in organisations with large networks – web environment preferred
- Large-scale operational knowledge of Juniper ScreenOS, JunOS and Cisco IOS including security features
- Solid understanding of BGP routing protocol
- Hands-on experience working with and troubleshooting of network related issues using Linux or Unix (FreeBSD) based tools
- Advanced know-how of monitoring systems (Nagios/Incinga/Cacti) and Apache httpd webserver
- Up-to-date knowledge of network-based attacks and their mitigation.
- Solid scripting skills
- Fluency in English. If you understand German too, that would be even better
- Razor-sharp analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of responsibility, urgency, and drive
What we offer:
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company
- A free choice of computer and equipment
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day
We look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
Your HR Consultant Kadri
is available for additional questions
Mo–Fri 9.00 – 17.00 CET
(Check for your local time)
Tel: +49 211 995 459 35
Join the FREE podcast!
Listen live to German employers. Learn about their biggest challenge. Offer a solution as an international talent.
Get an English job in Germany.