Do you want to help us deliver requests in less than 50ms? Are you constantly seeking new challenges? Then we are the right company for you! Help shape the technical future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with top-notch technologies in a company that promises a unique work environment and fantastic career perspectives. Enjoy the freedom to question the status quo, to broaden your horizon and to develop new things!
- You are responsible for the development of our high traffic web applications (e.g. price comparison, hotel booking or B2B applications, web services).
- Demonstrate excellent technical skills while creating and implementing new website features or web service features.
- Set up efficient and high performing database queries in MySQL.
- Keep an eye on new technologies to ensure trivago stays a trend setter.
- You hold an academic degree in the field of IT or have completed a comparable apprenticeship successfully.
- You know PHP like the back of your hand and you are an experienced user of Webservices. Experience with Unit Test (JUnit and/or PHPUnit) is also necessary.
- Dependency injection sounds familiar to you.
- You’re confident using MVC frameworks (e.g. Symfony2 or Zend Framework2).
- You’re experienced in software engineering, ideally in a high performance environment and have used agile development methods (eg.Kanban) before.
- Proper handling of Unix based systems is required.
- Experiences with continuous integration would be a plus.
- You’re comfortable speaking English. Basic understanding of German would be a plus.
- You love technical challenges and have a hunger to learn new things.
- You’re results-oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
What we offer:
- State-of-the-art open source technology (Symfony2, Jenkins CI, Git, Composer, Docker, Vagrant, Continuous Deployment, ETL-Tools).
- Attractive office spaces in Leipzig city centre.
- A permanent contract and competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Agile software development processes and exciting projects with a high demand on quality.
- A free choice of computer and equipment.
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team.
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Possibility to work from our office in Palma de Mallorca and Düsseldorf up to 4 weeks a year.
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Please also send:
– Your salary expectation
– Your earliest possible starting date
Your HR Consultant Kadri
is available for additional questions
Mo–Fri 9.00 – 17.00 CET
(Check for your local time)
Tel: +49 211 995 459 35