The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to help drive growth through the optimization of our growing number of fleet partners, and I/O drivers. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater availability while minimizing costs. This data driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking & inter-personal ability to manage partnerships.
This is an intense business side startup role & this person will work closely with our engineers in San Francisco to monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through scheduling, asset utilization, and driver incentive programs. This role will have direct responsibility for the growth of their business.
This position is not available anymore.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategic fleet partnerships and driver development.
- Driver on-boarding and training
- Fleet management and scheduling (supply-chain mgmt)
- Heavy metrics analysis and product/process improvement
- Expansion planning/recruiting. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of driver incentive programs and work with management to execute those strategies.
- Take ownership of Uber’s growth in their city.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 2-7 years of operational/analytical experience gained in consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of a variety of business models
- MBA and/or masters degree in science/engineering, economics, finance or similar field
- Relevant experience in logistics software &/or car services is a plus
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) “I bust my ass because I love it” approach
- Consulting, investment banking or accounting background with numbers/excel driven decision instincts
- Engineering background with dreams of applying similar process to people processes
- Dispatcher for a large fleet, without the “I know how this is done” attitude
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are showered with Uber credits.
- Ground floor opportunity and as an early member of our business operations team; you’ll shape the business direction of the company.
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Join the FREE podcast!
Listen live to German employers. Learn about their biggest challenge. Offer a solution as an international talent.
Get an English job in Germany.