Join our client and help shape the future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with the latest technology and with colleagues from over 60 countries. We believe in personal development through flexible, self-directed work and cross-functional opportunities. Enjoy a working environment that encourages new ideas, fun and questioning the status quo!
Every month, 45 million users visit trivago to find their ideal hotel at the lowest rate. And every two weeks we’re re-inventing the wheel, implementing new features and changing the look and feel of our website. We’re a bunch of people with crazy and innovative ideas, and we believe in constant change, trying things out and failing here and there – to make sure we stay a trend-setter. To be honest, mistakes happen, but if we find out before the user does, our Quality Assurance team has achieved their goal.
We’re looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Engineer to help us ensure our website actually functions as brilliantly as we intended it to. In this role, you’ll be in charge of leading performance tests and setting up automated processes.
- Analyse different aspects of the website and APIs performance and help improve them
- Continuously monitor our product in terms of page speed changes and create detailed statistics and KPI reports
- Create and maintain an automated testing-framework specialised on performance tests
- Collaborate with Process and System Administration teams to improve our products’ performance
- Strategically test the trivago website and mobile apps to uncover simple and complex problems
- As an expert for our website, you explain to an international testing team how our new features are meant to function and then guide testing sessions to try and break them 😉
- Work with an international and open team and contribute your own ideas of how to improve our website quality
- You’re a recent graduate in an IT related study. Other majors are welcome to apply, but you should have a general understanding of recent web technologies
- You’ve gained first experience in Software Testing or Performance Testing
- You can share your expertise on performance and automated testing processes
- You speak English fluently. If you can understand German, that would be a plus
- Your strong analytical and problem-solving skills make it easy for you to analyse data and recognise trends. You’re comfortable using Excel
- You set yourself high goals and pursue continuous personal development
- You’re a social buddy, and enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment
- You are a very thorough individual and possess an accurate attention to detail
What we offer:
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day
- A fixed-term contract with the possibility of a permanent position after 1 year
We look forward to receiving your application in German or English.