Due to (Customer’s) rapid international growth and expansion in the Chinese market, we’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior PR & Social Media Coordinator to join our small team in Shanghai. In this role, you’ll play an integral part in driving brand awareness and goodwill for trivago across China. We’re looking for a great communicator to help identify opportunities, foster relationships with business-partners and create informative and compelling Public Relations and Social Media materials in Chinese. To succeed here, you’ll need to be an excellent writer with an outgoing personality. If you’re also a social media guru who loves writing about anything you come across and sharing your experiences, then we want to hear from you! This position has been closed.
- You continuously review the media and social media landscape in China to identify publicity opportunities and expand our media channel exposure.
- You engage in promoting and creating goodwill for trivago by writing press material and releasing it through various communication media e.g. TV, radio, internet, magazines, newspapers – or whatever you come up with.
- You are responsible for editorial and content creation on a wide array of social media channels.
- You support trivago’s market entry in China by building close, productive relationships with business-partners in China.
- Support the team with your work and participation in projects – with the objective of moving trivago forward.
- You are a graduate of linguistics, business, marketing, media, communication or similar.
- You speak Chinese at a native level and you are fluent in English.
- You have excellent oral and written communicational skills.
- You have first working experiences in editing, writing, copy-writing etc. with Chinese media or social media channels.
- You exhibit a very high willingness to learn new things.
- You work well with others in progressing towards common goals.
- You are a very thorough individual and possess an accurate attention to detail.
- You are focused, determined and result driven – and are willing to push yourself in order to reach your objective.
What we offer:
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team.
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork.
- Regular team events & free beverages.
Please note that this position is based in Shanghai and that Chinese language skills at native level are required for this position.