Join our team and actively shape the technical future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with top-notch technologies in a unique work environment with exciting career perspectives. Enjoy the freedom to question established processes, broaden your horizons and develop new things to impress our 45 million users per month!
Position has been filled.
Our IT department is opening an exciting position for someone with Java programming skills. Join our team in Düsseldorf, Germany! This is an ideal opportunity for freshly graduated Java lovers, to apply their knowledge in a real-life setting and to develop our high-traffic website further.
- To expand our hotel-search offer, we’re continuously integrating new online travel agencies and hotel-booking sites. You’re in charge of connecting our site to external interfaces and back-end systems.
- Together with a team of top-notch Developers, you maintain and support the development of trivago’s back-end search engine technology to grant millions of users access to our web- and mobile-applications.
- You develop objectoriented software modules in Java on a daily basis.
- You gain deep insights into the entire software development process, including conceptualisation, development, testing, implementation and support.
- You’ll review and refactor codes and designs on a regular basis.
- You continuously share your technical know-how and learn from others to help us stay a trend-setter.
- You have excellent Java programming skills and can’t wait to apply these in a real-life setting.
- You have hands-on knowledge of SOAP/Rest, JSON and XML. Experience with SQL/MySQL would be a plus.
- You’re comfortable communicating in English (our company language). Enough German to understand your colleagues’ jokes would be an advantage.
- You’ll be working closely with Account Managers, so you’ll need to be able to explain complex technical issues in non-IT too.
- Things move quickly here, so you must have the ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organised fashion.
- For you work is more than just a job. You can become excited about your tasks and enjoy a challenge!
What we offer:
- Free choice of computer, equipment and desktop.
- A competitive salary and permanent contract.
- Personal development through participation of IT conferences.
- A pleasant work environment within a dynamic and international team.
- Regular team events, wide range of sports activities, a fridge full of beer as well as non-alcoholic beverages, and fresh fruit every day.
- Possibility to work from our office in Palma de Mallorca up to 4 weeks a year.
Start: As soon as possible
Please send your application in German or English.
We look forward to receiving your application in German or English.