Based in our client’s headquarters in Dusseldorf, Germany, we’re seeking a Data Analyst to support our cutting-edge Business Intelligence team. In this position, you’ll be working cross-functionally with our Product team to personalise our website for user segments. Your objective will be to optimise the user experience with the help of predictive analytic tools such as Machine Learning and NLP. If you’re passionate about Data Science and Predictive Analytics, then this is your chance to see your creative ideas implemented in a Big Data environment!
This position has been filled.
- Analyse our massive data supply of 45 million monthly users to create new personalisation algorithms and improve existing ones for our website.
- Implement and develop your expertise on predictive analysis tools and supporting technology e.g. machine learning, NLP and Hadoop to build a recommendation algorithm for our search engine.
- Work collaboratively with our Product department, bring in new ideas and provide consultation to help improve the user experience.
- Evaluate and improve our hotel search ranking algorithm.
- Support analytic and technical innovation through framework and model development.
- Develop expertise in relevant BI concepts, methods and supporting technology.
- Help ensure data integrity and the accuracy of the datasets by developing and maintaining appropriate control processes.
- You have a Master’s or Ph.D. degree or relevant work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Natural Science or Computer Science. Other majors are welcome, but please emphasise your numerical skills in your cover letter.
- You are passionate and knowledgeable about Machine Learning, Data Science or NLP. If you’re an active Kaggler let us know.
- You’ve gained experience with Data Science, Analytics, Algorithm Development or Statistics.
- R or Python and Excel are your best friends and ideally you’re familiar with SQL or Hadoop.
- You’re comfortable communicating in English, our company language.
- You love approaching issues with creativity and innovation, and possess the ability to think outside the box.
- You work well independently, require little direction and exhibit a very high willingness to learn new things.
What we offer:
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team.
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork.
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
- A permanent contract with a competitive salary.
We look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
Trivago hires international talent with the help of Immigrant Spirit GmbH