Uber is a Series D venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a game-changing company that allows users to request quality, on-demand car service with a touch of their smartphone. With consumers and drivers clamoring for Uber service around the globe, we are growing very quickly, especially in EMEA. Today, we are in nearly 30 cities and plan to be serving many more cities in the region soon.
This position is not available anymore.
We are moving a mile a minute to make sure that app users, drivers and cities are able to experience the benefits of the Uber revolution. Communications is a big piece of that work and we’re looking for an addition to the communications team to help us move even faster.
Communications Lead, Germany
Around the world, Uber is revolutionizing the way people connect with their cities. Europe, the Middle East and Africa house some of Uber’s most mature markets and some of our newest. In the mature markets we’re adding new services. And in new cities, we’re expanding quickly. In all of our cities, new and old, we are shaking up an industry that hasn’t changed in a very long time. That’s no small task and can have some pretty big aftershocks, including for public policy.
We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced communications pro to head up our communications work in Germany – to help tell our amazing story throughout the region as we fight policy fires, launch new markets and expand our services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead Uber communications in Germany, developing strategies, messaging and tactics to support Uber’s public policy objectives.
- Provide communications counsel and service to our clients – city teams.
- Engage in proactive and reactive media relations with tier 1 media and more.
- Run a busy press office including issues management.
- Drive Uber’s growth strategy with creative communications plans.
- Deliver top quality communications counsel and tactical execution for cities throughout the region – quickly.
- Develop processes to help the team scale during our rapid growth.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- The successful candidate will first and foremost be a hustler who is able to multi-task under pressure without flinching; be nimble and quick on their feet; know how to navigate a tricky communications landscapes; and have strong strategic instincts.
- Competitive candidates will have ten years experience or more and must have challenger brand communications experience as well as on-the-record media relations experience.
- Additional experience will include some combination of agency experience and in-house communications experience.
- Understanding of public policy issues impacting corporate reputation is essential.
- Consumer PR and social experience a plus.
- Team management experience.
- All candidates should be business-fluent in English, German.
- Strong experience focused in Germany is necessary for this role.
- All candidates should have current EU work authorization.
Join the FREE podcast!
Listen live to German employers. Learn about their biggest challenge. Offer a solution as an international talent.
Get an English job in Germany.