Our client is now the world’s largest hotel search engine with over 80 million visitors per month. We are continuously expanding into new markets and are currently operating in 50 countries worldwide. As trivago grows, so does our data, and this is where you come in! We are seeking a Big Data expert to supplement our innovative and cutting-edge analytics team with the drive and know-how to bring our data platform to the next level. If you enjoy playing with billions of rows of data and thrive in a working environment that encourages new ideas and thinking outside the box then we want to hear from you!
- Design, implement and support data models and ETLs in Hadoop in order to process several terabytes of data each week.
- Migrate and improve existing SQL-based ETLs to Hadoop-based technology to achieve scale and performance.
- You consult the Business Intelligence team on internal data best practices and train them on Hive, Impala, Spark or Tez.
- Monitor processes and be first in line to deal with and solve data related problems or errors.
- Continually research the best practices used in the industry, i.e The right combination of setting for Hive and Impala (i.e. skewed join, skewed tables, etc)
- We only work with state of the art technology so we want you to challenge the status quo at trivago and continually investigate new data processing technologies.
- You have a degree in computer science or related field.
- You have at least 1 year of experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Impala, CDH and large databases.
- You’re passionate and up-to-date on trends of Big Data technologies.
- You speak English (company language) fluently.
- You work well independently, require little direction and exhibit a very high willingness to learn new things.
- You are skilled in approaching issues with creativity and innovation, and possess the ability to think beyond traditional frameworks.
What we offer:
- A full-time unlimited position within a dynamic and international team.
- A competitive salary.
- A free choice of computer, equipment and desktop.
- Personal development through participation of Big Data/Hadoop/Technology conferences.
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork.
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
- Weekly presentations and workshops from internal and external speakers to broaden our general knowledge.
- The possibility to work from our office in Palma de Mallorca up to 4 weeks a year.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
We look forward to receiving your application in German or English.
Trivago hires international talent with the help of Immigrant Spirit GmbH
Join the FREE podcast!
Listen live to German employers. Learn about their biggest challenge. Offer a solution as an international talent.
Get an English job in Germany.