Job Title – Accounting Manager (M/F)
An esteemed client of ours, with high prospects on the German market, offering an international environment and one of the world’s largest and vertically integrated pulp and paper companies, is hiring. They are looking for an Accounting Manager, who will be responsible for supporting the local financial activities and for optimizing the business in Germany and Benelux. The position is based out of their German branch office in NRW (near Düsseldorf).
This position is not available anymore!
Primary Job Functions
- Preparation of monthly financial accounting data.
- Carrying out weekly/monthly banking including identifying and resolving any discrepancies.
- Being responsible for sales ledger including raising sales invoices and credit notes, credit control and agreed collection procedures to minimise bad debts.
- Handling of incoming invoices.
- Coordinating and controlling financial concerns (accounting, detailed reporting, business support).
- Managing and processing of monthly payroll for the German branch team.
- Reviewing and ensuring accuracy of approved changes, updated and special payroll deductions.
- Dealing with travelling expenses.
- Providing financial support to each area of the business and identifying and implementing improvements to internal controls.
- Contact to external customers like banks, tax advisors, attorneys, auditors etc.
- Operational support of the Branch Office Head (e.g. issue presentations with Power-Point).
- Excellent German and English knowledge.
- Excellent MS Office (Excel, Power Point) knowledge.
- Confidentiality and discretion is mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Innovative attitude, challenging continuously the status quo and always looking for improvement.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Able to clearly communicate complex financial information.
- Culturally open-minded.
Previous experience in accounting in Germany (HGB) is essential with a minimum of 2 years experience in all financial fields
Qualified Accountant with a combination of formal education and experience
No travel required
Reports to the Head of European Controlling
At the Earliest
Have you made the same experience?
You are well educated, you have professional experience and most important: You have drive and ambition. You want to make a contribution and build a good career.
But German employers don't value your talent. You apply for job after job. You spent hours editing your CV and cover letter to fit perfectly. And then: You don't even get an answer.
There is a way forward! Chris Pyak and the rest of us at Immigrant Spirit GmbH: We want you to succeed.
Join now and get invited to our
FREE Live Expats Career Webinar
Thursday, 15 February 2018
19.00 am Central European Time
The first step: Sign up for our FREE newsletter. You will have instant access to (nearly) all English job offers in Germany. In a few days we will send you additional tips - and a way to increase your job opportunities 33 times!
Join the FREE podcast!
Listen live to German employers. Learn about their biggest challenge. Offer a solution as an international talent.
Get an English job in Germany.